The Reporter is a weekly print and digital newspaper based in the Vaal Triangle. We are the leading provider of local news and events in the Vaal Triangle Townships. We are dedicated to the coverage of current affairs and information dissemination among Vaal Triangle residents. We are aiming to deliver news and advertising messages to 5000 households in the Vaal Triangle every Wednesday.
The digital edition expands our reception to audiences who are geographically not in the Vaal but want to keep updated on local issues. It is also the best way for the Vaal to tell its stories layered in deep culture and history.
The Reporter newspaper is focused on the Vaal Triangle townships whose population is diverse and mass meet-points are spread as follows;
- Vereeniging (55 schools, 6 taxi ranks, 1 train station)
- Vanderbijlpark (55 schools, 4 malls, 4 taxi ranks, 1 train station)
- Midvaal (10 schools, 4 malls, 4 taxi ranks, 1 train station)
- Meyerton (9 schools, 3 malls, 1 train station)
- Lesedi (4 schools, 3 malls, 2 taxi ranks, 1 train station)
- Heidelberg (36 schools, 3 malls, 3 taxi ranks, 1 train station)
- Evaton (32 schools, 4 taxi ranks, 1 train station, 1 mall)
- Orange Farm, Sharpeville, Boipatong, Bophelong, Zamdela and Sebokeng
The Reporter is striving to be the most accurate and reliable source of information for the residents of the Vaal Triangle about issues within the Vaal. The vision of the newspaper is to bring about a resurgence of the Vaal and create community pride and ownership among residents.
To achieve this goal, the newspaper will feature local news written from a local perspective. Each edition will also have a historical feature article, which promotes and exposes the stories of this great community. There is also going to be a prominent health issues section. The Reporter is family-oriented newspaper that will focus on content that uplifts the community and creates opportunity and space for marginalized voices.