FAMILY LOSES EVERYTHING AFTER SHACK BURNS IN SHARPEVILLE:
A woman from phase 3 in Sharpeville has lost everything after her shack caught fire on Sunday.
“She told the reporter.today that she was boiling water for her 16 year-old son to bath using the wood stove, and then suddenly fire started appearing behind the stove and when they tried to extinguish the fire it worsened and started burning the curtain. That is when she started screaming, a male neighbour came and kicked open the door for them to escape the fire, said her neighbour Lee Manoto.
Manoto says the mother of two has lost everything and is asking for any kind of assistance from the community.
“She is asking for clothes for her two sons aged 16 and 8 years-old – So far I managed to get the 8 year-old clothes. She’s also asking for kitchen utensils as she will be starting from scratch.”
For any donation, contact Lee Manoto on; 066 255 8606.
Report by: Cornelius D. Mofokeng.