The 2018 Sedibeng Service Excellence Awards
Sedibeng District Health has once again proven that there are rewards and or awards for health workers who have dedicate themselves to the service of their patients and the community as a whole because of the innovation they aim to bring and the passion they have gained in their field of health.
On Friday, 29th March 2019, Sedibeng District Health Care Workers/Professionals were recognised for the excellence and dedication to their work during the awards ceremony that took place at the Hellenic Community of the Vaal Triangle in Vanderbijlpark. These awards are held annually to acknowledge all healthcare workers who go beyond their call of duty in their work in terms of providing the best healthcare to Sedibeng District community.
The awards were aimed at awarding and acknowledging healthcare facilities around Sedibeng District, Individuals, and all the health and quality improvement projects. Among other hospitals (Sebokeng & Kopanong Hospitals) under the Sedibeng District, Heidelberg Hospital was fortunate to be recognised as the best overall hospital scoring 100% in the Reduction of Mother Mortality rate in the district. This saw them scooping six awards followed by Sebokeng Regional Hospital which was awarded four awards one four being the Best Hospital in terms of Cleanliness and Chemical safety, scoring 100% as well.
The Sedibeng District Acting Manager, Mr Levy Mosenogi said that, “as the district we feel honoured to acknowledge the achievements and contribution of all healthcare workers, who under any difficult circumstances continue to serve with pride and dignity”. He further alluded to the fact that they must continue working to the best of their abilities, because we are all about serving the community.
Sebokeng Regional Hospital Acting CEO, Mrs Makibiti Madolo acknowledged everybody present, especially the CEOs, Managers, Event Coordinators and all special guests (Nominees) for their continued dedication in the work they do for the community.
Other awarded Sedibeng District affiliated healthcare facilities were:
- • Kopanong Hospital : Best Maternity Unit (Special Project)
- • Johan Heyns : Best Records Management (Special Project)
- • Zone 14 Clinic : Participations f PHC-CFC in the Clinic
- • Pontshong Clinic : Best Ideal Clinic
- • Levai Mbatha Clinic : Best MOU
- • Boipatong Clinic: 2nd Best in MOU
- • Midvaal Clinic : Best Clinic
- • Jamesons Park : Best Clinic in handling patients complaints
- • Vereeniging EMS : Best in response time
- • Sedibeng EMS: Best in Quality Improvement
- • Boitumelo Clinic: Best in daily capturing of data
- • Market Clinic: 2nd Best in effective Untilization of HPRS
- • Kookrus Clinic: 4th Best in Best Clinics
- • Randvaal Clinic: 2nd Best in Best Clinics
- • Zone 3 Clinic: 3rd Best in Best Clinics
- • Vanderbijlpark EMS: 2nd Runner-up in response time
Inclusive of individual for their excellence dedication under the following categories:
- • Mr Tumelo Khaole – Best in Support with Mr Modise Manzane coming out 2nd
- • Dr Olga Motloung – Best Messenger
- • Dr Carlos Santos – Best Doctor
- • Ms Angelina Mokhofola – Best Driver
Information acquired from: Ms. Lerato L. Sedulawesi.